Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dear Georgia, Khole, West and all the kids,

Dear Ge0rgia, Khole, West and all the kids,

Your daddy tells me you are confused with God. I know in Sunday school the parents tell you God loves us and God is good. Your question may be how can God be both Love and good and yet allow Uncle Dennis to get sick and die.

First let me say God knew you would ask that question. Did you know other children and parents have asked this same question for thousands of years? When you go to the library, look at a “time-line” and you will see how long thousands is.

Let’s go to God’s testimony (i.e. His records about Himself) and see what He says about Himself. Moses told the people of Israel, God, “He is the Rock, his works are perfect”. (Deut. 32:4) King David said, “As for God, his way is perfect”. (2Sam. 22:31) Jesus Himself said, “Your heavenly Father is Perfect”. (Matt. 5:48) Moses, David and Jesus all claimed to be speaking for God. So if God can only create (make) perfect things, how can anything God created have bad things happen to them. Something must have gone wrong to the things God made because God is perfect (i.e. only good).

If you read Genesis 1-2 you will see God created (made) and then said “it was good,” so all the birds, trees, and dogs were good at first. God made man and woman and they were also made by a perfect God.

That man and woman were Adam and Eve and they did something God told them not to do. That event allowed disease and non-perfect things to happen in the world. Remember when Buddy was hurt and he died? That event is something God never meant (intended) to happen. And this is what God never intended to happen to Uncle Dennis.

Now remember why I was not afraid to die because Jesus had promised I would live forever with Jesus after I died. Here are the best things to know about Jesus.

In Genesis 3, God throws Adam and Eve out of the Garden because they had disobeyed God. Well, in Genesis 3, God made a promise (remember this word) to Adam and Eve and to all of us including you and me. Even though Adam and Eve allowed disease and bad things to happen to God’s perfect or good creation, God promised us someone would come to allow us to live eternal (forever) even after if we die. That person promised to Adam and Eve was Jesus.

So now when you end your prayers at night you can thank God for Jesus because Jesus is the promise God made to Adam and Eve and for all including you and Uncle Dennis. (Gen.3:15)

When Uncle Dennis prays I always end by thanking God for being good because Jesus was who God promised. Now I know I can trust God because He kept His promise of Jesus, that even if I die now or one hundred years from now, I will live forever. Remember John 11: 20-26, Jesus said “…he (Uncle Dennis) who believes in Me (Jesus) will live (forever) if he die”. (vv. 25)

This is why it is impossible to blame God for the bad in the world. God made a good world and has kept His promise of Jesus even though God never made Uncle Dennis sick. Even though I am sick I thank God for keeping His promise of Jesus. I have a Good God who keeps His promises.

I am building the junk box for Christmas. I found some thing for all you guys the other day.

Love,

Uncle Dennis

P.S. I am happy because God has told us He kept His promise of Jesus in the Bible. You can follow God’s promise all through the Bible up to the time Jesus is born. (Luke )

No comments:

Post a Comment